At Bodyline Fitness we run specific Pilates classes every week as well as 1-2-1 Pilates sessions, and as a Personal Trainer and Pilates Teacher, I use Pilates in every single Personal Training session I take.
Pilates exercises strengthen your stomach and lower back muscles as well as improving your posture so why wouldn’t you want this form of exercise included in your work-out?
Reasons to include Pilates, or at least Pilates type exercises within your workouts:
- Pilates is much more likely to help you reduce your waistline than doing conventional sit-ups
- Pilates will strengthen your lower back, helping to prevent possible future injury
- Pilates will increase your core strength so you can lift more weights, run further, cycle harder etc
- Pilates will improve your posture, making you look and feel taller
- Pilates will improve your balance and stability; this can help you with any sports you play, especially activities like Tennis and ski-ing