Christmas is approaching fast and I am sure we are all looking forward to the festive period. However, it’s important to try and do your best to keep fit in the build up, so here are 10 tips to help you! Have a look and please let me know if you can come up with any I have missed………..
- First and foremost, don’t stress if you can’t maintain your usual exercise routine during December, this time of year can be stressful enough as it is!
- Aim to achieve 50-75% of what you would normally do
- Go Ice Skating! It’s festive, fun and definately counts as an exercise session!
- Christmas shopping can be a very active experience and walking up and down the high street, carrying bags can count towards your activity levels
- The Christmas party-Enjoy it! Try to drink a glass of water inbetween each round of drinks
- Dance a lot at the party! Burn calories and tone up at the same time!
- The day after the Christmas party go for a long walk round the park or, if you have more time maybe a trip into the countryside
- Try a Christmas themed exercise class, this time of year a lot of aerobics teachers will run these types of classes. Zumba is really popular at the moment, why not try that??
- Try to do some exercise in-between Christmas and New Year to help keep a little routine and don’t think ” I’ll leave it till the new year”.
- Finally, don’t buy too many sweets and chocolates for the holiday period, if you haven’t got temptation in the house you can’t eat it!
I hope these tips can help you do your best to keep fit and healthy in the build up to Christmas and enjoy the festive season! If you have any ideas to add to this list please do make contact.